Thursday, April 23, 2009

Transatlanticism


I spent a good part of today just doing something for myself. And it felt great. I could just move away from all the haze and craziness and just BE...then it was back to the real world. I sat through a meeting tonight and all I wanted to do was disengage. I don't belong there, with those people, in this place. We are incompatible. I am incompatible. With everything, everyone, everywhere.


"Growing up, I assumed I was the word that rhymed with none other - like 'silver' or 'orange', glistening bright, but sonnet foiling and always solitary traveling." - Kenji Yoshino, Covering


That's one of my favorite sayings that relates to myself. The second I read it that's all I could think.

Another thing that is not contributing to my mood is a very passive agressive e-mail that I recieved tonight. I kind of want to send a response, but I have more dignity, and less worthless time, than that would require. I would like to say, though, I refuse to lie for people. If you messed up, then you messed up. That's not me hating what you do. That's not me bashing. That's just life. If mine isn't a walk in the park, why should yours get to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment